By now you guys may know from past posts that I have trouble with cystic acne and eczema. Having both of these issues are tough enough, especially for a makeup artist.
Here is my current routine:
- Vitamin E Oil to remove eye makeup (makes my lashes grow like crazy!
- Cleanse using Say Yes to Tomatoes’ gel cleanser with my Clairisonic
- Exfoliate using St. Ives Apricot Scrub, daily or every other day
- Light cover of Vitamin E Oil all over as my moisturizer, Grapeseed and Argan Oils are also wonderful for the skin.
Personally I love natural beauty products or remedies that are simple, low cost, and highly effective. My new additions are all of the above! Raw & Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) with “Mother” (pulpy stuff) and Queen Helen’s Mint Julep Mask have been a wonderful addition to my routine.
ACV has many health benefits including improving blood flow, flushing out toxins, and can even help in weight loss. Many reports say that ACV can even reverse the signs of aging. Hollywood star, Scarlett Johansson, actually claims that AVC is her beauty secret. ACV has a pH of 3 and when diluted, the acidity from the toner helps bring your skin’s pH back to its normal levels. By restoring your skin’s balance, ACV helps your skin function optimally, warding off bacteria and shedding dead skin cells at the proper rate so pores are unblocked and skin remains healthy.
Yes, this magic juice is stinky and hard to swallow but here are a couple easier ways to enjoy the benefits.
How to make the ACV toner:
- Using a funnel, pour 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar and 1/2 cup of filter water into a sterilized glass container. Small Voss water bottles work well!
- Shake to mix well.
- Apply toner to skin with a cotton ball. Shake well before each use.
- Store in a cool, dry, dark place.
Daily Apple Pie ACV Drink via Eating Bird Food’s blog:
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons all natural apple juice
6 ounces of cold water
4 drops of vanilla liquid stevia
Sprinkle of cinnamon
1-2 cubes of ice
Since drinking ACV on a daily basis, I have noticed my skin feeling softer and looking very even. The overall condition feels extremely balanced, not dry or oily. Hopefully you will see and enjoy many benefits! Stay tuned for Part 2 coming soon… until next time dolls!