I’ve gotten this question quite a few times & I’ve been promising a blog post with product recommendations & tips, and here it is!
Splurge & Steals for Eyeliner
- Best Gel – MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack $15
- Best Pencil – MUFE in Black $18
- Really Good Pencil – Smashbox Limitless Eyeliner $19
- Really Good Gel – ELF in Black $3
- Really Good Liquid – NYC in Pearlized Black $3
Splurge & Steals for Mascara
- BEST Regular & Waterproof – Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Lashes $19
- Really Good – MUFE’s Smoky Lash & Aqua Smoky Lash $22
- Really Good – Clinique’s High Impact Mascara $14
- Really Good – Rimmel London’s Sexy Curves $8
*Due to L’Oreal & Avon testing on animals, I will no longer recommend their products, including mascaras.
5 Tips to prevent smudging:
1. Brush a little setting powder on your lids & lashes before your primers to absorb any excess oil
2. Use an eyelid primer on your top lid and under your eyes
- Smashbox’s Photo Finish Lid Primer $20 (samples available with most website orders)
- Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Primer Potion $17-$22
3. Use a lash primer before mascara
- Smashbox’s Layer Lash Primer $17
- Clinique’s Lash Building Primer $14
- Hard Candy’s 1000 Lashes Primer $8
4. Try using tube mascara such as “Blinc” are a great alternative to traditional mascara! It’s a preferrence, some love it yet some hate it. Depends on your sensitivity & overall comfort.
5. Use waterproof liners and mascaras
Join our interactive fan page on Facebook to let me know how these recommendations & tips for you!
xo – Jules