One of the most popular questions I get is about doing a smokey eye. Smokey eyes can either be sexy or trampy, it all depends on your blending & products. Here’s a quick & easy guide!
– a soft eyeliner (soft kohl)
– eyeshadow of your choice (black, brown, navy blue, deep green, purple)
– a highlight eyeshadow of your choice (I prefer shimmering champagne shades)
– a pointy smudge brush (such as MAC 219)
– a clean blending brush (Sonia Kashuk for Target has a very good one for $3.99)
– an eye shadow brush
Let’s get to work:
Step 1: use an eye shadow primer (Urban Decay Shadow Potion) & line your eyes with the soft eyeliner. Use the smudge brush to smudge it out.
My mascara suggestions:
-Drugstore brands: L’Oreal Voluminous or Double Extend.
With smoky eyes, you can omit or add eye liner depending on the level of desired intensity. Good luck and have fun, it’s only makeup! Practice makes perfect, so don’t give up if you aren’t happy the first time. Don’t plan to do this before you are going out! Do a test run on a day when you can play!