On January 31st, Julian entered the world happy & healthy weighing in at 8lbs 11oz, 22 inches long. Only a few months into Mommyhood, I’ve come to realize that all babies, even the best babies who don’t have colic and sleep 8+ hours at night, are non-verbal moving targets that keep you on your toes! Raising this precious little one is an amazing adventure that changes daily. I’m enjoying my new role being his Momma and I am crazy in love!
For my first blog back from maternity leave I wanted to do something geared towards Moms & beauty. Having less time and so many new baby items, I started to realize I could use them for beauty purposes too! Here are several items you probably already have and tips on how you can start using them:
- Baby Oil
- Body moisturizer
- Shaving oil
- Baby Powder
- Sprinkle a small amount to your roots to act as Dry Shampoo.
- Using a Q-tip add a light layer of baby powder to your lashes in between coats for added thickness.
- Baby Shampoo
- Perfect for cleaning makeup brushes!
- Baby Wipes
- Can also be used as a makeup wipe. We don’t recommend using wipes all the time since a major amount of dirt will build up over time, but in a pinch these work great!
- Lanolin or Vaseline
- Use to lock in moisture for very dry or chapped skin. Lips, under eyes, and cuticles respond really well to the hydration boost.
- Add a tiny bit to loose powdered blush to make crème blush.
- Use around your hairline to avoid getting dye stains on your skin.
- Coconut Oil (SOO many uses)
- Amazing for diaper rash!
- Moisturizer for face and very dry skin or chapped areas.
- Makeup remover
- Shaving oil & after shave
Emily recently shared a great blog entry about dialing down your makeup to the basics to save time, which could be especially great for Moms. Hopefully using all of these tips will help you time and money by using things you already have!
Till next time dolls,