What you’ll need:
1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin or 1 envelope Knox-brand gelatin
1 tablespoon milk (any kind)
Disposable spoon or fork
Small microwave safe bowl or cup
Microwave or stove
Makeup sponge or paint brush
This is going to stink! You’ve been forewarned.
- Wash your face so it is free of dirt and makeup. Rinse with hot or warm water to keep your pores open.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of milk into your microwave safe container and heat in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds. (Every microwave is different, so basically heat the milk until it is hot, but still tolerable for your skin.) Note: You can also use the stove to heat your milk if you do not have a microwave.
- SLOWLY pour in the gelatin, making sure to stir continuously.
- Stir until you reach a thick, but smooth consistency.
- If needed, microwave for a few more seconds. You can also add up to a 1/2 teaspoon more milk if it gets too thick.
- IMMEDIATELY apply to your face using your brush, sponge, or a spoon. You can use this all over your face! This is great for getting into the little crevices around your nose.
- Hang out, and read some of our other Dollface blogs while you wait for your “strip” to cool. You will know it’s dry because it will feel very tight.
- Peel away the dirt and grime!
- Remove any leftovers with hot water, and splash with cool water to finish.
Bonus: Gelatin contains collagen, and collagen improves skin’s elasticity.
Other bonus: The gelatin will remove some fine facial hair, too… (This means be careful around your beard if you are a man.)
*photo provided by Amazon.com