Most of us, especially those of us in high humidity areas, have no problem achieving a natural “glow”. By glow I mean oily. How can you get the “glow” to work in your favor? A dewy look is great option for summer since you are working with your skin and not against it.
- Start by using a primer/moisturizer before you do your makeup. Don’t forget to moisturize under your eyes as well. Prepping your skin is very important. You can also use a primer with illuminators or a pink tint. This will help in giving your skin a healthy look. You can also mix in an illuminator in with your moisturizer or use it alone. If you have very oily skin, use an oil absorbing primer such as Photofinish Light from Smashbox. Top picks are: Orgasm Illuminator from Nars, That Gal from Benefit, & L’Oreal Studio Secrets’ Face Primer.
- Use a lighter foundation only where you need it. Try using a tinted moisturizer and concealer for spot coverage, or lightly using liquid instead of tinted moisturizer.
- Try using a cream blush or even a lipstick on your cheeks for a lighter finish.
- Opt for using an illuminating or mineralized powder. Healthy, natural skin isn’t matte- so go easy on the powder. Note- this will reflect lighter in photos. Top picks are: Stila, Laura Mercier, Mark from Avon, & Physician’s Formula.
- Use a setting mist for a natural finish. This step also sets your makeup and keeps in place longer. Hydrating your skin with a mist will also give a nice dewy glow! Top picks are: MAC’s Fix + Spray, Make Up For Ever’s Mist & Fix, & Evian’s Brumisateur Mineral Water.
There you go, dolls! Don’t forget to let me know how this worked for you!